30 German Proverbs about WomenAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Women
1. Folks say there is a lack of four sorts of people on earth: of priests, else one would not have six or seven benefices; of gentleman, else every boor would not want to be a squire; of whores, else married women and nuns would not carry on the trade; of Jews, else Christians would not practise usury.
2. Fortune and women are partial to fools.
3. Fortune is like women: loves youth and is fickle.
4. Hares are caught with hounds, fools with praise, and women with gold.
5. Priests and women never forget.
6. Priests even smile pleasantly on young women.
7. Put the light out, and all women are alike.
8. Summer sown corn and women's advice turn out once in every seven years.
9. There are only two good women in the world; the one is dead, the other not to be found.
10. Three women, three geese, and three frogs, make a fair.
11. Time, wine, women, and fortune, are ever changing.
12. Two cats and one mouse, two women in one house, two dogs to one bone, will not agree long.
13. Watching women is labour in vain.
14. Who loves not women, wine, and song, remains a fool his whole life long.
15. Wine and women make fools of everybody.
16. Women and maidens must be praised, whether truly or falsely.
17. Women and wine, game and deceit, Make the wealth small and the wants great.
18. Women are as fickle as April weather.
19. Women are as wavering as the wind.
20. Women are necessary evils.
Proverbs about Women
Quotes related to Women by Power Quotations