62 Kenyan Proverbs
1. A donkey always says thank you with a kick.
2. A flea can trouble a lion more than the lion can harm a flea.
3. A heavy burden does not kill on the day it is carried.
4. A loved one has no pimples.
5. A man's actions are more important than his ancestry.
6. A person changing his clothing always hides while changing.
7. A slave has no choice.
8. A white dog does not bite another white dog.
9. Absence makes the heart forget.
10. Affairs of the home should not be discussed in the public square.
11. After a foolish deed comes remorse.
12. All cassavahs have the same skins but not all taste the same.
13. At the harvest you know how good the millet is.
14. Because a man has injured your goat, do not go out and kill his bull.
15. Blind belief is dangerous.
16. Crawling on hands and knees has never prevented anyone from walking upright.
17. Do not say the first thing that comes to your mind.
18. Do not slaughter a calf before its mother's eyes.
19. Don't count what they get -- they count what they don't get.
20. Each has his own way of moving.