62 Kenyan Proverbs / Page 2
21. Having a good discussion is like having riches.
22. He who does not know one thing knows another.
23. He who is unable to dance blames it in the stony yard.
24. He who is unable to dance says the yard is stony.
25. He who refuses to obey cannot command.
26. Hearts do not meet one another like roads.
27. How easy it is to defeat people who do not kindle fire for themselves.
28. How gently glides the married life away, When she who rules still seems but to obey.
29. Hurrying has no blessing.
30. If a dead tree falls, it carries with it a live one.
31. If you receive a gift don't measure it.
32. It is the duty of children to wait on elders, and not the elders on children.
33. Just because he harmed your goat, do not go out and kill his bull.
34. Never let a hyena know how well you can bite.
35. No attention is paid to him who is always complaining.
36. Nobody gathers firewood to roast a thin goat.
37. Nobody walks with another man's gait.
38. Old age devours your youth.
39. Once you have been tossed by a buffalo, a black ox looks like a buffalo.
40. One finger alone cannot even kill a louse.