62 Kenyan Proverbs / Page 3
41. Only believe a woman one day later.
42. Only scratch where you can reach.
43. Seeing is different from being told.
44. Soon found, soon lost.
45. Sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.
46. Talking to one another is loving one another.
47. Talking with one another is loving one another.
48. The day before yesterday and yesterday are not the same as today.
49. The enemy you know is better than the one you do not know.
50. The water of the river flows on without waiting for the thirsty man.
51. There is no cure that does not have its price.
52. There is no phrase that doesn't have a double meaning.
53. Thunder is not yet rain.
54. Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It is loaned to you by your children.
55. Treat the world well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was willed to you by your children.
56. Try this bracelet: if it fits you wear it; but if it hurts you, throw it away no matter how much it sparkles.
57. Virtue is better than wealth.
58. We have not inherited this land from our ancestors; rather we have borrowed it from our children.
59. What's too hard for a man must be worth looking into.
60. When the figs are ripe all the birds want to eat.