440 Swahili Proverbs / Page 2
21. A fisheman knows where to look for an octopus.
22. A flag follows the direction of the wind.
23. A fly does not mind dying in coconut cream.
24. A good day becomes evident in the morning.
25. A good name shines in the dark.
26. A good place you don't go to is a good place: if you go too often, it isn't a good place any longer.
27. A good purpose is like a doctor and evil purpose corrupts.
28. A good thing sells it self a bad one advertises it self.
29. A goshawk is an egg child, if sleeps hungry its his own fault.
30. A guine- fowl not lay eggs on strange places.
31. A handfull of water can not be grasped.
32. A handsome finger gets the ring.
33. A hasty person misses the sweet things.
34. A hen does not break her own eggs.
35. A hen's kick does not hurt her chick.
36. A hungry man observes no taboos.
37. A hunter is not afraid of thorns.
38. A husband of a mother is a father.
39. A lazy person with a nephwe does not eat dry rice.
40. A letter from the heart can be read on the face.