440 Swahili Proverbs
1. A bad brother is far better than no brother.
2. A bad job is not as wothless as a good game.
3. A barber does not shave himself.
4. A big heart is better than a big brain.
5. A bird that imitates others does not get used to a place.
6. A blind person does not forget his walking stick.
7. A boat doesn't go forward if each one is rowing their own way.
8. A brother is a cooking pot, and a neighbour is a cooking pot lid.
9. A cat belonging to the house is not chased away.
10. A cat can never he made to lie on its back.
11. A chick is not taught how to scratch up the ground.
12. A connoisseur never comes to the end of desire.
13. A cow is not oppressed by its own hump.
14. A dancer will not become crippled for dancing calls for grace.
15. A dead person is not asked for a shroud.
16. A distant fire does not burn.
17. A double jointed arm follows the leg action.
18. A drowning man catches at the water.
19. A drum that is sounded loudly will soon split.
20. A dying ear does not feel the medicine.