33 Tunisian Proverbs
1. A bull went to impregnate a cow, and he came back a fetus.
2. After I saw what my mother did, I will never trust a widow.
3. Because he has so many trades, he is unemployed.
4. Don't trust the horses if they run away, or the whores if they repent.
5. He ate one fig and he thought the autumn had come.
6. He said, "My uncle is the horse."
7. He who is covered with other people's clothes is naked.
8. He who spends a night with a chicken will cackle in the morning.
9. He who wants to be famous will have many a sleepless night.
10. Hit him with a bean, he will break.
11. How lovely is the sun after rain, and how lovely is laughter after sorrow.
12. If he gives you a rope, tie him with it.
13. If my belly is of glass, I will fill it with bread and chicken; if it is a closed cellar, I will fill it with cockroaches.
14. If someone hits you with a stone, hit him with bread; your bread will return to you and his stone will return to him.
15. If the full moon loves you, why worry about the stars?
16. If the tail of the dog can save me, I don't care about its stench.
17. If there is any profit in partnership, two will share a woman.
18. If you are ugly, be winsome.
19. If your friend is honey, don't lick him thoroughly.
20. No one will say, "My father is incontinent." Everyone will say, "He is a man of advice and wisdom."