131 Proverbs about Bitter
1. Barren corn makes bitter bread.
2. "Must" is a bitter herb.
3. He who has not tasted bitter things, knows not what sweet is.
4. Patience is a bitter plant but it has a sweet fruit.
5. Who has never tasted what is bitter does not know what is sweet.
6. Bitter pills are gilded.
7. Bitter pills may have wholesome effects.
8. The beginning of sin is sweet; its end is bitter.
9. Good medicine often has a bitter taste.
10. The devil was good looking at eighteen, and course tea makes a bitter first cup.
11. Don't be too sweet lest you be eaten up; don't be too bitter lest you be spewed out.
12. Don't be sweet, lest you be eaten up; don't be bitter, lest you be spewed out.
13. Don't be too sweet, or else you will be eaten up; but don't be too bitter, or else you will be spitted out.
14. If there is bitterness in the heart, sugar in the mouth won't make life sweeter.
15. Painless poverty is better than embittered wealth.
16. No melon peddler cries, "Bitter melons." No wine dealer says, "Sour wine."
17. Defeat isn't bitter if you don't swallow it.
18. Jade and men, both are sharpened by bitter tools.
19. No melon-peddler cries: Bitter melons. No wine-dealer says: Sour wine.
20. Patience is a bitter plant, but it has sweet fruit.
Quotes related to Bitter by Power Quotations