163 Proverbs about Bone
1. When two dogs fight for a bone, and the third runs off with it, there's a lawyer among the dogs.
2. If a dog's prayers were answered, bones would rain from the skies.
3. Kindness breaks no bones.
4. Lazybones take all day to get started.
5. Two cats and one mouse, two women in one house, two dogs to one bone, will not agree long.
6. Two dogs over one bone seldom agree.
7. The nearer the bone, the sweeter the flesh.
8. A rosy face in the morning, white bones in the evening.
9. The plagiarist turns the body inside-out and changes the bones.
10. A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
11. The tongue has no bones, yet it breaks bones.
12. Charity is not a bone you throw to a dog, but a bone you share with a dog.
13. You buy land, you buy stones; you buy meat, you buy bones.
14. Measure your throat before you swallow a bone.
15. You won't get much fat from a dry bone.
16. Like ants gnawing at a bone.
17. A dog with a bone knows no friends.
18. Talk of the devil and you hear his bones rattle.
19. Two dogs seldom agree over one bone.
20. What is bred in the bone won't out of the flesh.
Quotes related to Bone by Power Quotations