151 Proverbs about Chicken
1. Count not your chickens before they are hatched.
2. Unlaid eggs are a long time becoming chickens.
3. Unlaid eggs are uncertain chickens.
4. The chickens don't mourn when the poulterer dies.
5. The preacher must be like a chicken who always has an egg in reserve.
6. It is better to be the head of a chicken than the rear of an ox.
7. Curses are like chickens; they come home to roost.
8. The fox that waits until the chicken falls from the perch dies from hunger.
9. A chicken is hatched even from such a well-sealed thing as an egg.
10. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
11. Fail to steal the chicken while it ate up your bait grain.
12. Kill a chicken before a monkey.
13. Kill the chicken to frighten the monkey.
14. The weasel comes to say "Happy New Year!" to the chickens.
15. A good dog does not bite a chicken and a good man does not hit his wife.
16. Big chickens don't peck at small seeds.
17. If a man becomes powerful even his chicken and his dog go to heaven.
18. If you are going to have a roast, a chicken is better than a phoenix.
19. If you are married to a chicken obey the chicken. If you are married to a dog obey the dog.
20. It is easier to get a chicken back in the egg than to undo a slander.
Quotes related to Chicken by Power Quotations