497 Proverbs about Devil
1. The devil lurks behind the cross.
2. The devil makes his Christmas pies of lawyers' tongues and clerk's fingers.
3. An idle brain is the devil's workshop.
4. He that is busy is tempted but by one devil, he that is idle by a legion.
5. "Age before beauty," said the devil as he threw his grandmother off' the stairs.
6. Crime is cunning; it puts an angel in front of every devil.
7. Even the devil is beautiful when he is young.
8. Even the devil's grandmother was a nice girl when she was young.
9. In times of emergency the devil eats flies.
10. Liberty is God's gift, liberties the devil s.
11. Street angel, house devil.
12. The monk's habit is never so blessed that the devil can't hide in it.
13. When God says "today," the devil says "tomorrow."
14. When the devil reigns today God will be master tomorrow.
15. Who stands bail for someone is being teased by the devil.
16. A pack of cards is the devil's prayer-book.
17. As good eat the devil as the broth he was boiled in.
18. Devils must be driven out with devils.
19. Every man for himself, and the Devil take the hindmost.
20. He who has once invited the devil into his house, will never be rid of him.
Quotes related to Devil by Power Quotations