164 Proverbs about Doctor
1. A doctor and a boor know more than a doctor alone.
2. A young doctor means a new graveyard.
3. Doctor Luther's shoes do not fit every parish priest.
4. Drink upon salad costs the doctor a ducat; drink upon eggs costs him two.
5. God cures the sick, and the doctor gets the money.
6. Hussars pray for war, and the doctor for fever.
7. Intemperance is the doctor's wet-nurse.
8. New doctor, new churchyard.
9. There are more old tipplers than old doctors.
10. Doctors are the signposts to heaven.
11. Doctors purge the body, ministers the conscience, lawyers the purse.
12. Don't call in the doctor after the funeral.
13. Don't live in a town where there are no doctors.
14. Never consult a doctor who has never been ill himself.
15. The superior doctor prevents sickness; The mediocre doctor attends to impending sickness; The inferior doctor treats actual sickness.
16. A clever doctor never treats himself.
17. The best doctor prevents illness, an average doctor visits when the illness is imminent, and the unskilled doctor treats your present illness.
18. A single untried popular remedy often throws the scientific doctor into hysterics.
19. A young doctor makes a full graveyard.
20. An ignorant doctor is no better than a murderer.
Quotes related to Doctor by Power Quotations