202 Proverbs about Earth
1. Folks say there is a lack of four sorts of people on earth: of priests, else one would not have six or seven benefices; of gentleman, else every boor would not want to be a squire; of whores, else married women and nuns would not carry on the trade; of Jews, else Christians would not practise usury.
2. It is easier to build two hearths than always to keep fire on one.
3. Many who build castles in the air cannot build a hut on earth.
4. Looking up we are not ashamed in the presence of heaven, nor bowing down are we ashamed in the presence of earth.
5. Earthquakes, thunderbolts, fires, fathers.
6. Poetry moves heaven and earth.
7. If God lived on earth, people would break his windows.
8. Enough shovels of earth -- a mountain. Enough pails of water -- a river.
9. For each man produced by heaven, earth provides a grave.
10. He who cheats the earth will be cheated by the earth.
11. The earth offers you a grave everywhere.
12. The man is heaven and earth in miniature.
13. Cheat the earth and the earth will cheat you.
14. Enough shovels of earth make a mountain, enough pails of water a river.
15. Man is heaven and earth in miniature.
16. If heaven made him, earth can find some use for him.
17. Heaven lent you a soul Earth will lend a grave.
18. The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.
19. A weir close to completion left undone due to the shortage of a basket of earth.
20. One more good man on earth is better than an extra angel in heaven.
Quotes related to Earth by Power Quotations