224 Proverbs about Face
1. A man's face is a lion's.
2. Affectation is a greater injury to the face than small-pox.
3. They who eat cherries with the great, are like to have the stones and stalks flung in their face.
4. Wine makes secrets float to the surface.
5. A gilt-edged visiting card often hides an ugly face.
6. Good luck in business is like the froth on an ox's face.
7. In the eyes of a lover a pock-marked face is one with pretty dimples.
8. Even the Buddha's face, only until the third.
9. A bee stinging a crying face.
10. A rosy face in the morning, white bones in the evening.
11. A buddha's face when asked three times.
12. Jizo's face when borrowing; emma's face when repaying.
13. A man with a sour face should not open a shop.
14. Kind hearts are better than fair faces.
15. One hand washes the other and both wash the face.
16. To know another is not to know that person's face, but to know that person's heart.
17. A person without a smiling face must never open a shop.
18. Even ugly faces are worth looking at -- and that is a great comfort for most people.
19. Learn to paint a tiger and you only paint his skin; learn to know a human being and you only know his face.
20. Though talking face to face, their hearts are a thousand miles apart.
Quotes related to Face by Power Quotations