414 Proverbs about Fish
1. A fish should swim thrice: in water, in sauce, and in wine.
2. A monk in his cloister, a fish in the water, a thief in the gallows.
3. Don't cry fish before they're caught.
4. Fish begin to stink at the head.
5. Great fish are caught in great waters.
6. Little fishes make the pike big.
7. The fish lead a pleasant life, they drink when they like.
8. The cat loves fish, but is loth to wet her feet.
9. Eat your fish while it is still fresh and marry the girl while she is still young.
10. The bait tastes first the fish.
11. Women and fishes are best in the middle.
12. A fish gets bigger when it gets away.
13. He who burns his mouth on the soup will blow on a cold fish dish.
14. Life? That is a candle in the wind; frost upon a roof; the twitching of the fish in a pan.
15. Where there is fish, there is water.
16. The friendship of water and fish.
17. He who eats globefish soup is a fool; so is he who does not.
18. It is better to go home and make your net than to gaze longingly at the fish in the deep pool.
19. One cannot always find a fish under a willow.
20. The intimacy of water and fish.
Quotes related to Fish by Power Quotations