72 Proverbs about Game
1. He who looks on know more of the game than he who plays.
2. When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game.
3. Women and wine, game and deceit, Make the wealth small and the wants great.
4. Better play at small game than stand out.
5. He who makes the first bad move always loses the game.
6. Even a superb hawk will not catch game unless it is loosed.
7. The man who makes the first bad move always loses the game.
8. If you must play, decide on three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.
9. Men in the game are blind to what men looking on see clearly.
10. A man of high principles is someone who can watch a chess game without passing comment.
11. If you must play, decide upon three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.
12. Those who play the game do not see as clearly as those who watch.
13. A person of high principles is one who can watch an entire chess game without making a comment.
14. A spectator sees more than a player in the heat of a game.
15. A good candle-holder proves a good gamester.
16. At the end of the game the king and the pawn go into the same bag.
17. The game isn't worth the candle.
18. By the time the fool has learned the game, the players have dispersed.
19. A roaring lion kills no game.
20. At the end of the game, the pawn and the king go back in the same box.
Quotes related to Game by Power Quotations