644 Proverbs about Horse
1. A man trying to sell a blind horse always praises its feet.
2. Hobby horses are more expensive than Arabian stallions.
3. Mules are always boasting that their ancestors were horses.
4. Only when the horses have escaped do men repair the stable.
5. A blind horse goes straightforward.
6. A fence lasts three years, a dog lasts three fences, a horse three dogs, and a man three horses.
7. A nail secures the horse-shoe, the shoe the horse, the horse the man, the man the castle, and the castle the whole land.
8. A young wife is an old man's post-horse to the grave.
9. Another man's horse and your own spurs outrun the wind.
10. Don't change horses in mid stream.
11. He who heeds not the lost shoe-nail, will soon lose the horse.
12. He who would go further than his horse, must alight and go on foot.
13. Hobby horses are dearer than Arabians.
14. I will win the horse, or lose the saddle.
15. It is a bad horse that does not earn his fodder.
16. No use in flogging a dead horse.
17. One man may steal a horse while another may not look over the hedge.
18. One must plough with the horses he has.
19. Set a beggar on a horse and he'll ride to the devil.
20. Take a horse to the knacker, and throw in bridle and saddle.
Quotes related to Horse by Power Quotations