75 Proverbs about Lick
1. If you can't lick 'em, join 'em.
2. He is a very bad manager of honey who leaves nothing to lick off his fingers.
3. He pays dear for honey who licks it off thorns.
4. He who can lick can bite.
5. If it can lick, it can bite.
6. Flatterers are cats that lick before and scratch behind.
7. It is dear honey that must be licked off thorns.
8. The cow licks no strange calf.
9. Though honey is sweet, do not lick it off a briar.
10. A cat that licks the spit is not to be trusted with roast meat.
11. He's an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers.
12. The dog that licks ashes is not to be trusted with flour.
13. The cat well knows whose beard she licks.
14. For love of the ox the wolf licks the yoke.
15. It is dear-bought butter that is licked off a woolcomb.
16. When the fox licks his paw let the farmer look after his geese.
17. He buys honey dear who has to lick it off thorns.
18. Hypocrites kick with their hind feet while licking with their tongues.
19. Well knows the cats whose ear she licks.
20. It takes a heap of licks to strike a nail in the dark.
Quotes related to Lick by Power Quotations