300 Proverbs about Night / Page 2
21. Day has its eyes, night has its ears.
22. Drink and sing: the dark night is ahead of us.
23. If you carry treasure, don't travel at night.
24. Without women there is no day and no night.
25. A man is old when he takes the whole night to do what he used to do all night long.
26. By day think of your own faults, by night think of the faults of others.
27. Clear conscience never fears midnight knocking.
28. Last night I made a thousand plans, but this morning I went my old way.
29. Merit and glory never adorn a nightcap.
30. Riches: A dream in the night. Fame: A gull floating on water.
31. The jail is closed day and night and always full; temples are always open and still empty.
32. The loss of one night's sleep is followed by ten days of inconvenience.
33. The man whose conscience is clear will never fear a knock on the door at midnight.
34. Think of your own faults the first part of the night when you are awake, and of the faults of others the latter part of the night when you are asleep.
35. To mock your elders is to wreck the house where you have to stay tonight.
36. Who arrives in the darkness departs as night falls.
37. Curse your wife at evening, sleep alone at night.
38. Riches: a dream in the night; fame: a gull floating on water.
39. The first half of the night, think of your own faults; the second half, the faults of others.
40. The longer the night lasts, the more our dreams will be.
Quotes related to Night by Power Quotations