83 Proverbs about Shut
1. A book tightly shut is but a block of paper.
2. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
3. Put up or shut up.
4. A book that remains shut, is but a block.
5. The rain can only drown the mud-rabbit if he hasn't the wits to keep his mouth shut.
6. A door must either be open or shut.
7. Don't shut the barn door after the horse is stolen.
8. All are not asleep who have their eyes shut.
9. The cock shuts his eyes when he crows, because he knows it by heart.
10. The last shuts the door.
11. A shut mouth catches no flies.
12. Mouth shut and eyes open.
13. No pear falls into a shut mouth.
14. Not all are asleep who have their eyes shut.
15. One door never shuts but another opens.
16. The last comer shuts the door.
17. A door must be either shut or open.
18. Love is like a shuttlecock.
19. An oven whose door does not shut does not bake its loaves.
20. I am dead. It is as if everybody were dead. Let the man left behind shut the door if he wants to.
Quotes related to Shut by Power Quotations