37 Proverbs about Sitting
1. Never do anything standing that you can do sitting, or anything sitting that you can do lying down.
2. Whilst standing he holds one opinion, whilst sitting another.
3. Do not cut the bough you are sitting on.
4. It is as cheap sitting as standing.
5. It is ill sitting at Rome and striving with the Pope.
6. Sitting is being crippled.
7. The man on his feet carries off the share of the man sitting down.
8. The kind man feeds his cat before sitting down to dinner.
9. Sitting quietly, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
10. He's looking for the donkey while sitting on it.
11. From walking -- something; from sitting -- nothing.
12. When the fool knows when to be silent, he would be sitting among the wise.
13. The chair on which a Dane is sitting is beautifully decorated.
14. Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.
15. A good friend is someone who will bail you out of jail, but your best friend is the one sitting next to you saying "that was fucking awesome".
16. O! You sitting, may God protect you from the evils of the comers.
17. A sitting crow starves.
18. It's better to be a cripple than always sitting down.
19. Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down.
20. Those sitting above can easily spit on those below.
Quotes related to Sitting by Power Quotations