138 Proverbs about Steal
1. When the thief is seen stealing, he says he is joking; but when the thief is not seen, he steals.
2. Cheating is more honourable than stealing.
3. Every beginning is hard, said the thief, when he began by stealing an anvil.
4. If I am seen, I am joking; if I am not seen, I steal.
5. It is hard to steal where the host himself is a thief.
6. It's a sin to steal a pin.
7. Millers and bakers do not steal, people bring to them.
8. One man may steal a horse while another may not look over the hedge.
9. Who steals a calf, steals a cow.
10. A thief who steals from a thief is not a thief.
11. If you don't want to be hung yourself, blame the dog for stealing the sausage.
12. Cover the ears and steal the bell.
13. He who steals incense smells of it.
14. Steal goods and you'll go to prison, steal lands and you are a king.
15. If you steal something small you are a petty thief, but if you steal millions you are a gentleman of society.
16. A thorn defends the rose, harming only those who would steal the blossom.
17. Fail to steal the chicken while it ate up your bait grain.
18. Steal a bell with one's ears covered.
19. The great scholar forgets about fame, the average scholar works for it, and the unworthy scholar steals it.
20. A fox barks not when he would steal the lamb.
Quotes related to Steal by Power Quotations