94 Proverbs about Straw
1. What we want in hay we make up in straw.
2. A man of straw is still a man.
3. Never watch a bonfire wearing a straw coat.
4. To wear two pairs of straw sandals at once.
5. To pretend to satisfy one's desires with worldly goods is like using straw to put out a fire.
6. Time and straw make medlars ripe.
7. It is the last straw that breaks the camel's back.
8. A drowning man will clutch at a straw.
9. A cat with a straw tail keeps away from fire.
10. The last straw breaks the camel's back.
11. A strawberry blossom will not sweeten dry bread.
12. A drowning man will clutch at a straw.
13. A hungry ass eats any straw.
14. A man of straw needs a woman of gold.
15. From a bad paymaster take straw--i.e. any trifle.
16. He who has a straw tail is always in fear of its catching fire.
17. He would break his neck against a straw.
18. On a long journey even a straw is heavy.
19. The same fire purifies gold and consumes straw.
20. The same fire which purifies gold consumes straw.
Quotes related to Straw by Power Quotations