56 Proverbs about Town
1. Other towns, other lasses.
2. Where'er an ass is crown'd to fame, both town and country bear the shame.
3. Don't live in a town where there are no doctors.
4. The people make the town.
5. The advice of a clever woman can ruin a strong town.
6. Stown dints are sweetest.
7. When the steed's stown lock the stable door.
8. The one being carried does not realize how far away the town is.
9. The man being carried does not realize how far away the town really is.
10. The alcohol that is insufficient for a whole town ought not to intoxicate one man.
11. When a fowl gets to a new town, it stands on one leg until it knows that it is a town where people stand on their two legs.
12. The country rooster dows not crow in the town.
13. He who is being carried does not realize how far the town is.
14. He who is carried on another's back does not appreciate how far off the town is.
15. The moon moves slowly, but it crosses the town.
16. You wouldn't know how far the town is if you've been taken there.
17. A starved town is soon forced to surrender.
18. A man's character reaches town before his person.
19. Many a thing whispered into one ear is heard over the whole town.
20. A person's character reaches town before the person does.
Quotes related to Town by Power Quotations