27 Chinese Proverbs about AboutAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about About
1. The man who comes with a tale about others has himself an ax to grind.
2. The man who comes with a talk about others has himself an ax to grind.
3. A bad man talks about what he has eaten and drunk -- a good man about what he has seen and heard.
4. Although there exist many thousands of subjects for elegant conversation, there are persons who cannot meet a cripple without talking about feet.
5. Do something good and your neighbor will never know, do something bad and they will hear about it a hundred miles away.
6. He who has a straight body is not worried about his crooked shadow.
7. He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.
8. If you are in a hurry, go via the roundabout.
9. If you are poor, though you dwell in the busy marketplace, no one will inquire about you; if you are rich, though you dwell in the heart of the mountains, you will have distant relatives.
10. The conversation of the wise concerns ideas; that of the intelligent is about ideas; the common folk talk about food.
11. The great scholar forgets about fame, the average scholar works for it, and the unworthy scholar steals it.
12. The most highly praised woman is the one about whom no one speaks.
13. To find out about the road ahead, ask those coming back.
14. To learn about other people is science, to learn to know yourself is intelligence.
15. To make good conversation there are a thousand subjects, but there are still those who cannot meet a cripple without talking about feet.
16. Wealth is but dung, useful only when spread about.
17. When a man is crazy about a woman only she can cure him.
18. When people only talk about things they understand then a great silence will descend upon the world.
19. When we have nothing to worry about we are not doing much, and not doing much may supply us with plenty of future worries.
20. When with dwarfs, do not talk about pygmies.
Proverbs about About
Quotes related to About by Power Quotations