45 Proverbs about Cheese
1. Cheese, wine, and a friend must be old to be good.
2. If ill luck were cheese, dairy-women would go wanting work.
3. Cheese and bread make the cheeks red.
4. Cheese is gold in the morning, silver at noon, and lead at night.
5. It's not the fault of the mouse, but of the one who offers him the cheese.
6. Cheese from the ewe, milk from the goat, butter from the cow.
7. Do not stuff your servant with bread, and he won't ask for cheese.
8. I don't want the cheese; I just want out of the trap.
9. Pound the garlic, Pedro, whilst I grate the cheese.
10. It is better to scrape the cheese than to peel it.
11. Eat bread that's light, and cheese by weight.
12. One person enjoys a piece of hard cheese, a second a spun out prayer chant, and a third a door to the street.
13. It's not the fault of the mouse, but of the one who offers him the cheese.
14. Brotherly love for brotherly love, but cheese for money.
15. The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
16. The cheese betrays the milk.
17. The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
18. There is no old bread that cannot find its cheese.
19. The best fish hook cannot catch limp cheese.
20. When a dog has money, he buys cheese.
Quotes related to Cheese by Power Quotations