128 Proverbs about Eating
1. Cheating is more honourable than stealing.
2. Cheating is the chapman's cart and plough.
3. Eating and drinking holds body and soul together.
4. Erring is not cheating.
5. To good eating belongs good drinking.
6. The dog called "Sorrow," without eating, will be fat in every house.
7. If eating poison finish up the plate.
8. Remorse is worse than a beating.
9. Look not at thieves eating meat, but look at them suffering punishment.
10. When going to an eating house, go to one that is filled with customers.
11. A bride received into the home is like a horse that you have just bought; you break her in by constantly mounting her and continually beating her.
12. When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them.
13. In eating 'tis good to begin, one morsel helps the other in.
14. Stock-fish are made tender by much beating.
15. The trade of thick-headed Michael: eating, drinking, and idling.
16. Eating and drinking wants but a beginning.
17. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
18. Good eating deserves good drinking.
19. Repeating a lie, doesn't make that lie true.
20. Good eating deserveth good drinking.
Quotes related to Eating by Power Quotations