102 Proverbs about Priest
1. Priests return to the temple, merchants to the shop.
2. A priest sees people at their best, a lawyer at their worst, but a doctor sees them as they really are.
3. He that would keep his house clean must not let priest or pigeon into it.
4. It is just that the priest should live by the altar.
5. Men's ignorance makes the pot boil for priests.
6. Six things have no business in the world: a fighting priest, a coward knight, a covetous judge, a stinking barber, a soft-hearted mother, and an itchy baker.
7. Beware of laughing hosts and weeping priests.
8. Doctor Luther's shoes do not fit every parish priest.
9. Either fight not with priests or beat them to death.
10. Every priestling conceals a popeling.
11. Folks say there is a lack of four sorts of people on earth: of priests, else one would not have six or seven benefices; of gentleman, else every boor would not want to be a squire; of whores, else married women and nuns would not carry on the trade; of Jews, else Christians would not practise usury.
12. God's friends, the priest's foe.
13. Priestly knaves sweat hard at their meat, but never at work get into a heat.
14. Priests and women never forget.
15. Priests bless themselves first.
16. Priests even smile pleasantly on young women.
17. Priests pay each other no tithes.
18. Priests should not prate out of the confessional.
19. The bites of priests and wolves are hard to heal.
20. The priest loves his flock, but the lambs more than the wethers.
Quotes related to Priest by Power Quotations