112 Proverbs about Saint
1. Big churches, little saints.
2. Great men may just with saints.
3. On Saint Thomas the Divine kill all turkeys, geese and swine.
4. Pilgrims seldom come home saints.
5. Saint Martin was an easy man, he loved to drink Cerevisiam; and when he'd no Pecuniam, he left in pledge his Tunicam.
6. Saint Swithun's day, if thou be fair, for forty days it will remain; Saint Swithun's day, if thou bring rain, for forty days it will remain.
7. Small saints too work miracles.
8. There is no saint so petty but claims his own candle.
9. Young saint, old devil.
10. The cat is a saint when there are no mice about.
11. Neither promise wax to the saint, nor cakes to the child.
12. In small churches, small saints are big.
13. All are not saints that go to church.
14. When God will not, the saints cannot.
15. They are not a' saints that get holy water.
16. The greater the sinner, the greater the saint.
17. An open door may tempt a saint.
18. If the patient dies, the doctor has killed him, but if he gets well, the saints have saved him.
19. When a man is falling, every saint pushes him.
20. When God will not, the saints cannot.
Quotes related to Saint by Power Quotations