42 Proverbs about Bride
1. A bride received into the home is like a horse that you have just bought; you break her in by constantly mounting her and continually beating her.
2. He who has the fortune brings home the bride.
3. The weeping bride makes a laughing wife.
4. Happy is the bride that the sun shines on.
5. There's no handsome woman on the wedding day, except the bride.
6. At the wedding-feast the least eater is the bride.
7. How shall the enemy of the bride speak well of the wedding?
8. Hush, brideswoman, I knew all that before.
9. Were you at the wedding, Molly? No, mother, but the bride was very fine.
10. A sad bride makes a glad wife.
11. All is well: for if the bride has not fair hair, she has a fair skin.
12. He that has the luck leads the bride to church.
13. Blest is the bride the sun shines on.
14. At a wedding a bride eats the least.
15. Woe to the high spirited bride whose mother-in-law is still alive.
16. If you don't lift the skirt of a bride you don't know what she wears under it.
17. Weeping bride, laughing wife, laughing bride, weeping wife.
18. The grumbling mother-in-law forgets that she once was a bride.
19. A foolish bride gets no presents.
20. Death is the bride of life.
Quotes related to Bride by Power Quotations