41 Proverbs about Parents
1. Children grow up, with or without parents.
2. When you have children yourself, you begin to understand what you owe your parents.
3. Children yoke parents to the past, present and future.
4. Parents and children teach one another.
5. He who respects his parents never dies.
6. Respect for ones parents is the highest duty of civil life.
7. To understand your parents' love you must raise children yourself.
8. Girls marry to please parents, widows to please themselves.
9. Parents who are afraid to put their foot down usually have children who step on their toes.
10. Respect for one's parents is the highest duty of civil life.
11. You can't tell the cost of food and fuel without being the head of a household; you can't appreciate the love of your parents without having children of your own.
12. Our parents taught us to speak and the world taught us to be silent.
13. Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. We are more than the sum of our knowledge, we are the products of our imagination.
14. Children are buttonholes that hold their parents together.
15. If your parents take care of you up to the time you cut your teeth, you take care of them when they lose theirs.
16. Dancing depends on the parents.
17. He who doesn't listen to advise from others goes to his parents in-law smeared with faeces.
18. The virtue of parents is in itself a great legacy.
19. What children hear their parents say by the fireside, they repeat in the highway.
20. A bandicoot is lovely to his parents; a mule is pretty to its mate.
Quotes related to Parents by Power Quotations