77 Proverbs about Swallow / Page 2
21. A patient that can swallow food makes the nurse doubtful.
22. It is the fear of offence that makes men swallow poison.
23. One swallow does not make a spring.
24. One swallow does not make a spring.
25. One swallow does not make a summer.
26. One swallow does not make a summer.
27. One swallow does not make a summer.
28. One swallow does not make a summer.
29. Your friend will swallow your mistakes, your enemy will present them on a plate.
30. Measure your throat before you swallow a bone.
31. Only one who can swallow an insult is a man.
32. The human heart is never satisfied, just like the snake that wants to swallow an elephant.
33. The water that a ship sails on is the same water that swallows it up.
34. A woman would rather swallow her teeth than her tongue.
35. One swallow doesn't make a spring.
36. I can chew for you, my child, but you must swallow by yourself.
37. The hard road turns the traveller into the same dust that he has to swallow.
38. Don't take a second mouthful before you have swallowed the first.
39. Envious persons never compliment, they only swallow.
40. The devil can swallow a woman but he can't digest her.
Quotes related to Swallow by Power Quotations